Augusta LEYH nee NOSS.

Alle Namensvarianten.

Moderator: -sd-

Antworten
-sd-
Site Admin

Augusta LEYH nee NOSS.

Beitrag von -sd- » 29.12.2008, 20:21

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Researching SOMMERFELD(T)

Hello Dieter: I am at work right now, so will just write a quick response. Thanks for writing to me,
it is always very exciting to have fellow researchers contact me with new data. My wife comes
from Mennonite heritage, so knows a form of low German and can translate for me, and I did take
a couple years of reading German in university, so can understand a bit of German, but can't write
it. So we will struggle with communicating, but not too bad I hope ...

My primary interest in the Sommerfeld surname is with Ernestine SOMMERFELD, and until we found
a marriage certificate a few years ago, we only knew that we were somehow connected to the
Sommerfeld family name as we had old letters from relatives and a few photos. Also, there was a
Rudi SOMMERFELD who came to Canada from Germany in the 1950's, and was sponsored by my
great-grandmother Augusta LEYH nee NOSS, although no one living at this time is sure of HOW
he was related. He had his family with him, but committed suicide in the 1960's, and his son
eventually became a doctor we believe.

Anyways, when I get home I will send you what I have for descendants, although the known
Sommerfeld line begins and ends with Ernestine.

Question: are you related directly to Ernestine Sommerfeld ?
Or are you inquiring because you are only researching the Sommerfeld name ?

Yours, Blair.

Blair Barbeau
Mailto: blair.barbeau(at)shaw.ca

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-sd-
Site Admin

Old letters and few photos.

Beitrag von -sd- » 12.03.2009, 13:53

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mein Hauptinteresse am Familienname Sommerfeld hat mit Ernestine SOMMERFELD zu tun,
und bis vor einigen Jahren, als wir eine Heiratsurkunde fanden, wußten wir nur, daß wir irgendwie
mit Sommerfelds verwandt waren, weil wir einige alte Briefe von Verwandten und Fotos besaßen.

Es gab einen Rudi Sommerfeld, der in den 50er Jahren von Deutschland nach Kanada einwanderte.
Er wurde von meiner Urgroßmutter Augusta LEYH geb. NOSS unterstützt, obwohl damals niemand
wußte, wie sie verwandt waren.

Rudi Sommerfeld hatte Familienangehörige dabei, doch beging er in den 60er Jahren Selbstmord;
sein Sohn wurde möglicherweise Arzt.

Ich habe Daten von fünf Generationen meiner Sommerfeld-Vorfahren aufbereitet.
Der Familienname Sommerfeld erstreckt sich zwar nur über zwei Generationen, aber um zu
zeigen, wo und wie ich da hineinpasse, habe ich Daten bis zu meinen Großeltern beschafft.

Wenn Sie Daten für mich haben und diese in meine Genealogie hineinpassen, beliefern Sie mich
bitte mit allen erforderlichen Informationen.

Blair Barbeau
Mailto: blair.barbeau(at)shaw.ca

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eine teilweise Übersetzung des ursprünglichen Textes übernahm dankenswerterweise
mein Namensvetter Dieter Sommerfeld, Wolfsburg (DS).

Antworten

Zurück zu „Dauersuche SOMMERFELD(T) - weltweit“